Regrets as of 17 January 2024

Today I regretted working in the government service. The work isn’t as enjoyable as before. Maybe because there are a lot of things to do with so little time that I am not sure if I will be able to finish it before the deadline. I am not sure whether I am still making a difference. 

Today I also regretted getting in to law school. Not because I am failing. In fact, I’m doing okay. Not as much as I would have liked but my Consti 1 Professor said to just continue with what we are doing because we’re doing it well. I’d like to tap myself in the back but at the end of the day, I am still a struggling student. 


So why do I feel so much regret? I feel this much regret today because of our Obligations and Contracts. It is a 5-unit subject and I feel like I will have to go through a very rigorous semester just to pass this subject. And if I fail this, it would definitely have a domino effect with the other ones. Another reason is that I cannot fail this because it is a prerequisite in a lot of subjects in the succeeding semesters. Questions such as, "why I am here, why do I study, why make my life miserable" occupy my mind. I could have gone to different vacations with the family and now, I can’t even have a decent sleep anymore.


I tried reading the annotation and the codal but….I needed the other 2 codals and 1 special law for me to get acquainted with just 1 article in ObliCon. Imagine the effort you will need to have in order to understand 1 provision.


While studying ObliCon

 

I’m just down today for a loooot of reasons. Number 1) the gossips. Number 2) the relationships broken. Number 3) just the overall workload and school-load in general. I am just tired today. That’s all…


Anyway, something to look forward to…the following are the subjects that I have passed in the first semester thus far:

1.        Philosophy (Thank you Atty Dan)

2.        English Refresher (Thank you Doc Vina)

3.        Criminal Law (Thank you Atty. B)

4.        Constitution 1 (Thank you Atty. Heaven)

 

Still waiting for my Ethics, Criminal Procedure (this one, I’m not sure I was able to deliver justice on it), and Statutory Construction.

I’m a bit sad because two of our classmates dropped in school. Pascua will be taking a licensure examination and Baya got so busy with work that he was not able to cope. So much for the first semester. On to the second!


:)

Also, there’s a lot changes work-wise. We have been so busy with our new office and the moving and the arrangement in the office is quite tedious. Also, I have 4 minutes due next week. I’m not sure I will be able to finish it but hopefully, fingers crossed. Otherwise, I will be making myself a target again.


Just dropping by because I’m tired of crying. Hope everything’s fine with everybody. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts